The distinguished Gastronomy professional, Danny Manuel Peñaló Dominguez, has been recognized by the city of Miami, Doral, Miami Gardens and Opalopka for his outstanding work in promoting Dominican cuisine through his continuing participation in the Dominican Gastronomy Festival, as well as his contributions to multiple events with “Miami New Times” and “Chefs of the Caribbean.” Miami Dade County has proclaimed every 20th of April as Yarumba Restaurant Day.
Danny Manuel Peñaló Dominguez is the Executive Chef and co-owner at Miami’s prestigious Dominican restaurant: “Yarumba, Un Reto al Paladar,” whose menu is characterized by the combination of traditional recipes, creation of modern dishes, and fusion of flavors from the best of our cuisine. Food critic “The Hungry Black Man” described Yarumba as the best Dominican Restaurant in South Florida. David Muir from “Island Origins” Magazine categorized it as one of the best restaurants he has ever been.
Chef Danny represented the Dominican Republic in the “taste the Islands” event where he gave a presentation about the growth of Caribbean cuisine, alongside gastronomy ambassadors from other Caribbean countries. Danny Manuel has been the host at events such as “Spice it up Miami”. He participated and placed second at the “Miami Gardens Food and Wine Festival”. He has been a guest for “Despierta America” and “Un Nuevo Dia”.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude at the Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) with a Major in Hotel Business Administration, with a concentration in Food & Beverages
- Continued professional growth in prestigious educational programs such as Walt Disney World Orlando Culinary Passport to Excellence Program and diplomas from Birmingham University in England
- More than 15 years of experience in the Hotel & Catering industry in the Dominican Republic and internationally
- Executive Chef, Hotel Blue Jack Tar at Playa Dorada Puerto Plata., R.D.
- Executive Chef, Filibustero, Santo Domingo, R.D.
- Cook 1, Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot Centre at the International College Program Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida
- Teacher, Culinary Arts at the PUCMM; cooking instructor and gastronomic assessor in various restaurants
- 1st Place Winner, Concurso Gastronómico Dominicano, Miami 2014
- Certificate of Merit by the city of Miami